- First of all, analyse the bug. If it’s due to an error in code, then debug and fix it. Also check whether it’s due to the last file modification, if so roll back and do it in a better way.
- Use your analytical skills, no one can think like you. Prioritise the possible causes, try to interpret and check them.
- If (1) and (2) fails, then Google it. Try all types of Google search methods. Use maximum keywords. Add importance to your keywords with “”- double quotes. If your search query fails, then do a keyword search by concatenating the keywords with + symbol.
- Post the issue in forums, bug tracks etc.
- (1), (2), (3) and (4) fails, ask your seniors for the approach to fix the bug and not the solution. Ask them which all areas are to be checked for finding the cause of this issue.
- When all the above steps fail, ask others for solution.
- Work as a team and fix it.
- Update your post in the forum (4) with your solution, it’ll help someone.
It’s not a bug, it’s an undocumented feature !! 😆