Many of us get inspired after going through a nice blog and want to create something like that. But the question is what to blog? The same when I tell friends to create a blog, they ask me “what to blog?“. Everyone has got some talent. Those who can make 3 status updates per day in Facebook will never run out of ideas for blogging. Express yourself, let your thoughts blogged instead of blocked with in you.
Let me tell about myself:- Unfortunately I can’t write like Shakespeare and fortunately he couldn’t write like me as it leaves me with a lot to write. The way you write, creates your style. There’s quote – “Success is when your signature turns to autograph”, in future it’ll be like people finds you in Wikipedia or Google suggests your name while someone types the first few letters of your name.
What to Blog? or What to Write?
- Dreams – That’ll be unique since no one can dream like you!
- Life around you – Many stories.
- Experiences – The incidents in your life or your experience with something.
- Reviews/Critics – You can write reviews or critics about movies, novels etc. (Keep a limit).
- Thoughts – More unique than Dreams…
- Technology – Are you a Techie, then you may be able to catch the interest of many other techies.
- Your interests/passion – The BEST choice (photos, videos, music, stories, poems, sleeping, drawings, paintings etc.).
- Politics – Point out the good and bad as GOOD and Bad.
- Sports/games – Write about known games & unknown/new games.
The list never ends, you can even write a book about a child’s cute innocent face :P.
Your blog’s demeanour is also important, depends on how you write more than what you write. No need to think that millions of blogs are live and no one is going to find you (at least a few will catch you at the wordpress freshly pressed section and it’s your duty to make them come back again) because no blog started with a million readers.
How to blog?
- Use catching title that attracts readers.
- Put interesting content or make your content interesting.
- Style your posts (use bold, italics, appropriate headers, bullets..)
- Make your blog colourful with nice images/photos.
- Tags can act as complements to your post.
- Justify your title with the right info.
- Make it simple, straight, sweet and short.
- Write for common people.
- Versatile posts(possible with a single subject also).
- Add widgets that suit your blog.
When to blog?
@ Peak time (the time that your think more readers will be available).
I prefer weekend evenings.
Blogging is just sharing ideas 💡 /information. A little bit of creativity and research can make it wonderful.
Last but not the least, let me tell something about this post :-
This is just another scribble from me, so far I don’t consider myself as a successful blogger since I got likes only for my photos and my blog is yet to publish a comment from the reader who had gone through my technical posts and other posts in “scribbles” category. For the past two weeks I was thinking what to blog in scribbles category and at last the question in my mind what to blog ❓ resulted in this post.
Related posts: Blogged or Blocked – 2 !!