SEO friendly Blogging and SEO friendly Blog – a little bit of which every blogger should know.
Here I’m going to share my knowledge :).
SEO friendly Blogger
SEO friendly Website
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can be simply described as the method of attracting visitors to your blog via search engines. If a Blogger follows SEO techniques, then the probability of visitors visiting his blog through search engines becomes high ie, search engines will rank his blog high.
SEO friendly Blogging.
Let’s split a blog post into 10 parts:
- Url – Uniform or Universal Resource Locator (URL) should be meaningful and readable. It should contain the keywords of the post. (In Typo3 we use Realurl extension for making the urls readable :P. Realurl extension converts the default Typo3 urls (http://www.domain.com/index.php?id=1) to readable urls (http://www.domain.com/home/))
Meta description – Add a summary of your article as meta description in the head section of your webpage like:
<meta name="keywords" content="SEO friendly Blog, SEO friendly Blogging, SEO, Search Engine Optimization" />
<meta name="description" content="SEO friendly Blog and SEO friendly Blogging. How to write a SEO friendly blog. How to increase your blog's traffic?" />
Page/Post Title – Always include search terms (keywords) in your blog post’s title.
If you need your blog post to be listed in the 1st page of search engines when searched for “successful blogger”, then choose a title like “How to become a successful blogger?” than “Give your best and leave the rest”. The second one is a more attractive title but search engine optimization prefers simple and straightforward titles.
- Categories – Categories can tell both the readers and the search engines about your post. It makes easier for readers to find related posts.
Tags – All the keywords related to the post must be added as Tags.Tags are something like categories or keywords but they are generally used to describe your post in more detail.
Upload a photo of Taj Mahal – add “photography” as its category and add tags like “seven wonders of the world”, “India”, “Taj Mahal” etc.
- Introduction – The keywords should be present in the first line of your post for better search engine rankings.
- Content – Wrap your subheadings and subtitles with H2 and H3 header tags. Use plenty of bold and italics tags for your keywords.
- Images – Sometimes an image can speak more than words and let the reader think more than the author :). Also images can act as add-ons for better search engine rankings by using keywords in the file name and alt text. Make sure that the size of the image is not too large in dimension as well as in file size.
- Conclusion – Same as introduction the keywords should be present in the ending paragraph also.
- Social media marketing strategy – Use Social media share buttons like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc. to share your posts.
Note: Please keep on updating your pages that you need better ranking. Just minute changes are enough because a change in page source will make Google re-index that page and it’ll surely help for better ranking.
SEO friendly Blog.
Blogs are really no different than web sites. Let’s check some methods to make your blog better:
- Include search engine verification codes – like Google Analytics Code, Bing Webmaster etc.
- Sitemap – Make sure that http://www.blogname.com/sitemap.xml generates an XML file that lists URLs of your blog.
- Site statistics– Analyse and review information on site statistics and modify your post with more keywords.
- Add Backlinks – Link important keywords to your old blog posts.
- CSS and HTML validation – w3 validation on html and css can help to improve ratings.
- Check and Improve Site Speed – Site speed is now a part of Google’s ranking algorithm.
Did I miss something ❓